Monday, June 27, 2011

Getting My Groove Back

This weekend was great.  Friday was rather uneventful though.  I originally planned on meeting the Captain at Happy Hour; however, I never made it.  As soon as I got home, I decided to take a quick nap.  BIG NO NO!  When the Captain called me at 5:30 to ask me about my whereabouts, I answered the phone half asleep, mumbled something, and then fell back asleep. I am totally lame!  Not to worry though- the Captain had a great guys night and I was totally rested for my Saturday morning run.
Yummy!!!
Stole this from Dani's blog. :)
On Saturday, I met up with Dani and Meghan for a 10 mile run.  Dani and Meghan are absolutely awesome!  We all met a couple years ago while training for our first marathon, and the rest is history. :)  Running with these girls is great.  We spend our runs talking and catching up, so the workout feels more like a girl's night, than a sweat session.  Needless to say, I always look forward running with these girls. Dani also showed up with a few cartons of reGen Recovery Drink for Meghan and I. #WINNING!!  I love reGen It tastes really good, and it works.  Yay for having a friend on Team reGen!!

I hate blisters. :(
During the run, I felt a little sluggish, but loosened up towards the end.  This was my longest run since EM, so I guess heavy legs should be expected. I did get a blister on the arch on my foot.  This never used to happen to me.  I got a blister in the same spot during EM, but I thought it was because of my soggy socks.  I am going to try out a few different types of socks, but if that doesn't work, it is time for new shoes.  Blisters, especially after only 10 miles, stink!

Saturday afternoon, the Captain and I decided go to the shooting range.  Crazy way to spend my afternoon, right?  This was my first trip to a shooting range, and the first time shooting a 9mm GLOCK. Luckily, I was in good hands. The Captain is pretty much a gun expert. An hour and half and 2 boxes on ammunition later, we were on our way home.  Shooting is WAY more fun and WAY less scary than I expected.  Can't wait to go again. :)

A scarf from Greece- so pretty!  The picture doesn't do it justice
On Sunday the Captain and I made a quick trip to his parents.  The Captain's parents just got back from Greece, so we spent the afternoon grilling out and hearing all about their Grecian adventure. Definitely a great way to spend my Sunday!  

All and all, I had a wonderful weekend. I am finally feel like I am getting my training groove back. So happy about that!  But more importantly, I feel like I have been able to find a nice balance between triathlon training and regular life. I hope I can maintain this balance when IM training begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment