Monday, August 1, 2011

Ironman Training: Week 1 Review

Happy Monday everyone!!  I had a great weekend, and I hope you did as well.  This post is going to be short, because I am officially on vacation.  That is right, VACATION! :)  I promise to share of the fun details of my week once I get back.  But before I go, I just wanted to give a quick recap of my first week of IM training.

I managed to log 86 miles.  In a perfect world, I would have liked to log closer to 90-95, but things do not always go as planned.  This week I came down with some crazy 24-36 hour bug which caused me to miss 1 bike ride. I have learned that sleep is the only thing that makes me feel better when I am sick.  So I bit the bullet, and skipped the workout.   Then our Saturday morning open water swim didn't go as planned either. Oh well! You will some and you lose some. Regardless of the 2 minor hiccups, I would say that my first week of IM training was a great success.

Here are the final numbers:
2 Core/Strength workouts
2 Swim sessions totaling 3.5 miles.
2 Rides totaling 68 miles.
3 Runs totaling 14.5 miles

One last thing- I want to give a special shout to to Sarah, Valerie and Katie. Sunday's ride was one of the tougher rides I have done, and I was very thankful to have them with me.  Thanks ladies!! You girls are AWESOME.

Have a great week everyone! Catch up with you later. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment