- My 20 mile run on Saturday was EPIC! My legs felt strong, and I felt like I could keep going after I reached the 20 mile mark. #I<3Running!
- I saw tons of cute puppies on my run. All different types, but they were all really cute. My iPod died at mile 17, so I had to rely on the cute puppies to keep me occupied for the last 3 miles. I really want a dog. Too bad my apartment is only 400 square feet. Womp Womp
- The team BBQ after the run was wonderful. As always the food was delicious and my teammates were awesome!
- Pre-ride carbo-loading was equally as awesome. Eating lots of yummy carbs and hanging out with fantastic people is a pretty EPIC way to spend a Saturday night. :)
- Sunday's post ride BBQ was fantastic. Perfect weather, delicious food, awesome people and 120 miles of riding in the bank! How awesome, right?!?
- The plan was to ride 120 miles on Sunday- hence the big carb feast on Saturday. However, my hip and knee had other plans for me. LE SIGH! Don't worry, the pity party is almost over. :) I was able to get 40 miles in before having a pretty intense pain in my hip which somehow caused my knee to hurt. Long story short, I had to get sagged back in. Total downer! Not only was I looking forward to this ride, I was hoping that it would be a huge confidence booster for IM. I am glad I llistened to my body, but it was really hard for me to wave the white flag. I hate not being able to finish my workouts. Hopefully I will be able to address the hip and knee issues and make it to the start line in Cozumel feeling 100% healthy. My first PT appointment is tomorrow, so keep your fingers crossed for me. :)
- During my 40 mile ride, I saw a TON of dead animals. Riding my bike past dead animals is not what I would call fun. I know these things happen, but this was gross and sad. Poor Bambi!
- Now for the worst part of the whole weekend- I got home last night kind of cranky (because of my dumb hip and knee), but I was looking forward to having a little scoop of Edy's Slow Churned Ice Cream. I mean, what girl wouldn't want to indulge in a "small" scoop of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream? Well I totally forgot that I polished off the ice cream Saturday night! Oops. Not being able to finish my ride was bad, but not having any ice cream was much worse! #DoIHaveAProblem??
Have a super week :)