- My passport came in the mail yesterday. Who cares, right? Well this girl cares because it means that I am officially ready for Cozumel now! My bike is going to get there safe and sound. My hotel and flights have been booked. And now I have my passport. Can I get an AMEN?!? The only thing left for me to do, is to stay focused and attack the upcoming workouts. Final stretch before taper! I cannot believe there is only 1 month left of serious training.
- I got a free Chop't salad! Well I guess I shouldn't say it was free, because I had to buy 9 other salads to get the 10 one "free". Regardless, I was still super pumped. Plus, I gave the homeless guy near my office a little extra cash money, because my lunch was free. I never have cash on me, so today was his lucky day. Free salad= having cash to spare= giving someone a little cash who needed it more than I did= WINNING!
- I get to race Watermans. Yay!! I had originally signed up for the race back in August; however, because the timing of the race (right in the middle of the Q3 close crazies), I thought I was going to have to work that weekend. Well good news- I can take Saturday off. I will be recovering at work on Sunday, but at least I get to race.
- I am the worst flat tire changer ever! I cannot change my back tire to save my life. Wednesday night I wanted to get in a quick spin, but as soon I got on Miss Scarlett I noticed her back tire was as flat as a pancake. Long story short, Miss Scarlett still has a flat tire. Thank goodness that for my Z friends that are going to help me out later this evening.
- WARNING GROSS TOPIC AHEAD! Last night I was successfully able to drain the blood out from under one of my black toenails. #ProbablyShouldn'tHaveSaidThatOutLoud I know this is gross, but I am not going to lose the nail now. I cannot tell you how many toenails have fallen off because I haven't been able to master this skill. I am definitely not a master at this but at least it worked yesterday! Hey- I told you it was gross. :)
Friday, September 30, 2011
Five Things Friday: Random and Unrelated Edition
Happy Friday!! Is anyone else happy that this week is almost over?? What a busy 4 1/2 days! Hopefully the last half flies by.