Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wonderfully Random Wednesday

Happy Hump Day!!!  Seeing how I haven't posted since Thursday or so, I probably should bring you up to speed on what has been going on in my world. :)  I know- I am the worst blogger ever. Work, training and life just keep getting in the way, but I promise to try harder.

So what's new and wonderful and not so wonderful with me?

New and Wonderful #1
I completed with first 112 mile bike ride this past Saturday!!!  How freaking awesome is that?!?!  It was freezing cold and super windy, but thanks to my awesome teammates I made it through.

Working out = THUMBS UP!
New and Wonderful #2
I finally finished the 4th Harry Potter book.  It was sooo good!  I must confess that I am starting to have mixed feelings about cracking into the 5th book- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the series, but I don't want the series to come to an end.  #I<3HarryPotter!

My favorite one so far.
New and Wonderful #3
Work has been super crazy, but I am still managing to get my workouts in  thanks to the gym in my new office.  Totally pumped about this! We just moved into our new office space a little over a week ago, and the gym downstairs is perfect.  Well maybe not perfect- it doesn't have a pool, but it certainly does have everything else a triathlete would want. :) 

Having a gym at the office is SWEET!
Now to the not so wonderful...

New and not wonderful #1
I was sick all last weekend and the beginning of this week. :(  Being sick is never fun, but being sick and being dumb bad-ass enough to ride 112 miles is not a good idea.  Because of my "bad-assness", I spent all day Sunday in bed and had to skip my 18 mile run.  No fun!  However, I am happy to report that I am feeling much better now!  Last night I was able to put in a solid 5 mile run and weight session.  Woohoo!

My BFF!
New and not wonderful #2
Last night there was a totally sketchy person hanging out behind my building.  YIKES!!  I live in a relatively safe area, so I was really surprised when some dude was hanging out drinking wine out of a "big girl bottle" and smoking a cigarette.  Not really what I want to come home to after a long day at work.  Luckily, Miss Barbara at the front desk was all over the situation and had already called the police.  Creepy guy who likes to linger around my building, if you are reading this, please enjoy your wine and cigarettes somewhere else.  You may be very nice, but you tend to scare people when you are hanging out in the shadows of my building at 10 PM. 
Please hang out somewhere else Mr. Creepy.

No comments:

Post a Comment