Friday, October 7, 2011

Race Goals: Waterman's Half Edition

I have really been struggling with this post.  Before getting sick this past weekend, I had big plans for this race, and now I do not know what to expect.  I know- this is not my A race of the session, but I cannot help being a little upset since I do not feel like I am 100%.  My sore throat is better.  Yay!  But I have been dealing with the aftermath all week.  Running nose, sneezing, slight headache and feeling tired all the time. I am not sure if this is aftermath of the whatever I had previously, the weather change or the Q3 reporting craziness at work.  My guess is it is probably a combo of all three.  Regardless, I still want to take full advantage of the last chance I will have to race before IM, so I have changed my mindset.  Tomorrow is going to be fun.  I am going to get an awesome workout and get to spend a little time with my family and friends.  AWESOME!  So enough whining and let's get to my goals.

Goal #1: 
Over the past year I have fallen madly in love with this sport.  So my #1 goal for this weekend is to have fun and remember all the reasons why I love the sport of triathlon.

Goal #2
Beat my Eagleman swim.  I had a strong swim at EM; however, I want to do better tomorrow.  Waterman's will be wetsuit legal, so I would like to take advantage of it. And it's only 1.2 miles- I can do anything for 1.2 miles, right? :)

Goal #3
Nail my mental game!  I allowed myself to get into my head way TOO much at Eagleman, especially on the run!  Ironman is going to be twice as long and probably 10 times as tough.  So it is crucial that I practice staying focused and mentally tough.  I want make sure I bring the same mental game that I had a Luray.  All positive thoughts!  Motto of the race tomorrow- "Pain is weakness leaving the body" -Tom Sobal

Let's get it done! I am coming for you, Mr. Waterman! :) 

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend!  Have fun and safe.  Oh and if you see me tomorrow, come say hi!!  :)  Happy Friday!  #OhBoyDoILoveToUseExclamation Points!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment