Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Ragnar Lucky Number 3!

So my Ragnar Team Captain just announced who will be running what legs of our relay next weekend, and it looks like I am lucky #3!  I will be running a total of 19.4 miles.  I must say that I am really excited about this race.  It will be my very first relay, so I hope it is everything I have ever dreamed about. :) 

The first leg is going to be really tough.  The total elevation gain during this leg of the race is 1,194ft. YIKES!!  According to the race guide this is the "toughest leg on the entire course".  No pressure or anything.  Hopefully fresh legs and my excitment will get me through the 7.8 miles.

My second leg is going to be my recovery leg.  It is shorter and looks a little easier.  It is only 4.8 miles, and is advertised as being relatively flat.  I will take it!  FLAT= GOOD

My final leg looks like it is going to be pretty similar to leg 2.  It is 6.8 relatively flat miles filled with a few rolling hills.  No biggie!


I am totally pumped and slightly nervous about this race. It is going to be a lot of fun! Is there anything more fun then spending 36 hours with awesome runners?? I think not!

Happy Tuesday!  I hope everyone is having a super day.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to hear about this relay. Relays seem like so much fun, but I have never done one.

    ReplyDelete