Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Semi-Wordless Wednesday: Ragnar Relay Edition

Happy Hump Day!! I hope everyone had an awesome weekend and your week is going well.  The first 2 days of this week have been pretty crazy, so I apologize for not posting sooner. :)  This past weekend, I ran the Washington DC Ragnar Relay.  Definitely my favorite race to date!  It was awesome.  We finished in 28:44:16 which put us 17th in our division of 115 teams.  Go us!!!  I was also really happy with my splits for my legs of the race.  First leg- 7.84 miles w/ an average pace of 8:30.  Second leg- 4.78 miles with an average pace of 7:38. Thirds leg 6.82 miles with an average pace of 8:16. And now for the pictures...

Van 1 before the start

Yep- that's right, we called ourselves strangers with candy.
Sam loved that we got TP in our survival kit! :)
Bill + Candy + Safety Flag = This
Mike speeding along on his first leg
Before my first leg-  I was super nervous!

Bill kicking to the exchange zone

Jen handled off to Chris

Chris kicking major butt!

What some candy???
AHHHHHHHH! Flasher!!

Post leg 1 refueling- leftover pasta from Olive Garden is even good at 10AM

PB&J Sandwich bar- NOM NOM NOM
Naptime!
The team at the finish.
Yay for medals that are bottle openers!
Bling for being the 3rd runner and having a crazy mountain to climb

Sweet belt buckle, but it would take up half of my tummy if I actually wore it!
 If you haven't done a relay before, DO IT!!! So much fun! I cannot wait for the next one. Special thanks to my teammates for making my first relay an awesome one. :)

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE wear that belt buckle at some point. Ill even make you a cape to wear with it.

    glad you had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Strangers with Candy!!! You totally rocked that hill, lady. 8:30 pace?! Rockstar!!

    ReplyDelete