Wednesday, February 13, 2013

New and Wonderful Wednesday- CFA Edition

Happy Hump Day!  I hope everyone is having a super week.  I know I haven't been blogging that much; however, I am hoping that will change as my IM USA training is starting to ramp up and I will have lots of tri adventures to share. This year I have decided to add some additional strength training to my usual swim- bike- run routine.  During 2011, I did bootcamps sometimes twice a week.  I know, I should have been more consistent with the bootcamps, but some days I just wanted to be able to "sleep in" (7am).

Times are changing though! :)  This year I am adding something new and oh so wonderful to the mix- CROSSFIT.  I have heard a lot about CrossFit in the past, but it took me almost 6 months to finally drink the CrossFit Kool-Aid.  With the level of training IM requires, I will only be doing CF 2 times a week.  Lord knows, that I do not want to wear myself out to the point where I cannot do my normal workouts.  My plan is to replace my regular strength workouts with CF until it is time to taper for Lake Placid.

How is it going?  Well, I am five CF workouts in, and I am absolutely loving it.  I am feeling super strong, and the variation of the workouts is a nice break in my swim-bike-run routine. I will keep you posted on my progress.

Hopefully, I will look like this by July! :)

What are you doing this year that is new and wonderful??

Happy Training!

1 comment:

  1. You look like that now . . . but your hair is dark blonde - yes, blonde. I'm your mother - I know these things!

    ReplyDelete